Man charged with stealing 1000 gallons in fuel in Opelika | News
OPELIKA, AL (WTVM)- Opelika police say a man is behind bars in connection with the theft of 1,000 gallons of fuel over the holidays. Police say the media and tips from individuals helped them find the person they believed to be responsible for the crime.
Joshua Smith, 32, of Selma, AL was arrested Friday afternoon after an interview with authorities. He was charged with theft of property in the first-degree.
After New Year's Eve, the East Alabama Paving Company reported 700 gallons of diesel fuel and 300 gallons of gasoline stolen from storage tanks at its facility on Old Columbus Road.
Copyright 2013 WTVM. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Local university prepares for dangerous storms, builds shelters
- Ribbon cutting ceremony for new Children's Department at Phenix City Library
- Local 11th graders build playground for students with special needs
- Beer shoplifter pepper-sprays Piggly Wiggly employees
- Sgt. 1st Class Donald Wilson laid to rest