Employee steals $10k from Opelika business | Crime
OPELIKA, AL - An Opelika employee is accused of stealing thousands of dollars from a local business.
Police say Twin City Wholesale reported an internal theft of nearly $10,000 between October and December.
The employee would collect money from customers and only turn in part of the total to his bosses.
The thief was caught by an internal accounting audit.
Police are still investigating the case.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Local university prepares for dangerous storms, builds shelters
- Ribbon cutting ceremony for new Children's Department at Phenix City Library
- Local 11th graders build playground for students with special needs
- Beer shoplifter pepper-sprays Piggly Wiggly employees
- Sgt. 1st Class Donald Wilson laid to rest